Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Considering an MBA?

Yeah, applying for the MBA is no small task, w/ the GMAT to worry about, Letters of Rec, and so on. You need to really think about whether it's really right for you.

From my perspective: It's tons of work & takes up just about all my free time after work and the weekend, it really has altered my lifestyle. For example, it's harder and harder to go to the gym like I did before, play bball, go out, etc.

That being said, I'm really enjoying b-school w/ so many activities to attend. I've met some really good people in the program, whom I'd consider to be life-long friends. Considering that I've kept in touch w/ only a handful from my undergrad days, and they're all from the dorms my freshman year at Marks Tower, it's kind of hard to remember how few people I knew back then vs. now. It's really allowed me to expand my network with people that graduated from UCLA, USC, Cal, & Harvard.

The program has given me a chance to really hone in on my leadership skills & team work w/ all the groups & clubs I've been involved with.

An MBA is really what you put into it. There are some that just go to class & go home. And 3 years later, they get their diploma. If you do that, I think you'd really miss out on the whole experience.

No comments: